Suicide...The New Epidemic

Jerry was nineteen he came from a wealthy established family. One morning he took a double barrel shot gun, and while my sister stood just feet away, he pulled the trigger and blew off the top of his head. Years later the image of him crumbling to the ground as the bullet entered his head in her memory as the morning it happened.

Don left home one night and went to the drive-in. He seemed depressed as a result of his job and financial pressures, He was found the next morning dead in his car. Don had taken a hose from a vacuum cleaner and attached it to his car exhaust. He left the car running filling it with fumes that choked the life out of him. Depressed? Who knew?

Just this week two friends called me in desperation because their teens were planning to commit suicide. One had a girlfriend leave him; the other was suffering from depression because of their parents divorce. This hit me very hard, too hard to ignore. I can’t just dismiss it, can you? Is this terror going to invade your life or the life of someone you love?

People, suicide is a monster, a demon that preys upon the weak, lonely, helpless and confused and it thrives on depression. It has no respecter of age, culture or breeding. The rich, famous, educated, the poor and homeless, are at risk. It is a fact that one time or another in a person’s lifetime they will think about suicide. You may not want to admit it, but at some point it entered your mind. That ugly spirit has come to torment and tempt. Depression is the number one cause of suicide. For years before I found Christ I would sit with guns in my mouth, waiting to pull the trigger. I would take cars and drive them into telephone poles and lakes. I would deliberately take overdoses of drugs. Pain that could not control, thoughts that ruled my life controlled me and it was God’s grace that kept me from killing myself. I had at least twenty friends and acquaintances that didn’t stop. They took their lives in various ways. One jumped off the Peace Bridge into the Niagara River in the middle of winter. They found him four months later decomposed floating in the Horseshoe Falls. I cried till I hurt. How could we have stopped this tragedy?

The government has declared suicide as an epidemic. Yes-dear friend, an epidemic!. You, and your loved ones are targets for this unclean lying spirit. What can we do? As the world seems to grow darker, as rejection, unemployment and hopelessness creeps into the lives of thousands this filthy spirit works his hateful work of suicide as an answer. As hopelessness seems to overtake our children this hateful spirit intensifies its work of darkness. But, we can overcome we can wage war. We can be victorious; we can save our loved ones and our children from this cycle.

Are you tempted with ending your life? Do you know someone who can’t take it anymore and wants out or is dealing with depression? I am on a crusade to stop this horror through this ministry by working with these hurting people. This is a serious cause and we will respond promptly. Before you make a decision to end it, please call us. Please let me help get you through.

Dear Christian friends I need you to assist me in putting a stop to this: Put me in touch with people you know who are contemplating suicide or feel helpless and hopeless.

Carol Kornacki Ministries,
P.O.Box 78515
Charlotte, NC
28271-7035

4 comments:

glory said...

MY SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD SON WAS BAKER ACTED A FEW DAYS AGO FOR TRYING TO GET TO THE ROOF OF A BUILDING TO JUMP OFF.THOUGH WE KNEW HE WAS DEPRESSED AT TIMES, IT CAME AS QUITE A SHOCK THAT HE WOULD ACTUALLY FOLLOW THROUGH WITH IT.I APPLAUD YOU FOR TAKING A STAND AGAINST THE POWERS OF DARKNESS AND STANDING IN THE GAP TO LITERALLY RESCUE OUR TEENS FROM THE PIT OF HELL. GOD BLESS...GLORY.

Genny said...

My son is 33. He has talked about suicide many times but says he does not have the courage to follow through. He has been and still is addicted to drugs (anything available) and alcohol all of his adult life. He is mentally and emotionally unstable and I fear what he will do. He has been in trouble many times, jail many times, rehab many times and nothing helps. The last program he was in is Dunklin Memorial Camp a strong christian regeneration program. As soon as he was released he continued his old lifestyle. We allowed him to live with us if he stayed clean but that didn't happen so we told him he had to leave. He has a son whom we love dearly but we are not allowed to see him and it breaks our heart. Please pray for our son and grandson. I watched you on television and was touched by your testimony. If God can bring you from where you were I feel he can do the same for my son. I so much appreciate and thank you for all you are doing to help others. God bless you in all you do.

Genny said...

I have a son, 33 years old. He has talked about suicide many times but says he doesn't have the courage to carry it out. He has been addicted to drugs (anything available) for all his adult life. He has been in trouble numerous times, served time in jail many times, been in rehabs many times but nothing helps. The last place he was in was Dunklin Memorial church regeneration program. A very strong christian program. As soon as he was released he started the same lifestyle as before. He has a son whom we dearly love but we are not allowed to see him. I do not know how to help him anymore. We allowed him to live with us after the program at Dunklin as long as he stayed clean. We eventually told him he had to leave because of drug use and abuse. Your story touched my heart as I watched you on television give your testimony. Please pray for my son and grandson. The enemy has such a hold on our son and I fear what is happening to our grandson. Thank God for you and your ministry. God bless you Carol Kornacki.

Phyllis said...

you notice most of these comments have to do with addicts/ alcoholics. I know what it means to love Jesus, to want to do right, and still be addicted to prescription medication. Yes, I've thought of suicide because at times I felt so hopeless.. go to church, go to AA... but the war is in my mind. I have prayed to die, but couldn't end it because I don't want someone cleaning up afer me, the ultimate selfish act.